Overview of classification and application of titanium wire and related factors affecting tensile fo
In recent years, with the continuous research and development of titanium, there are more and more titanium materials. Titanium wire is one of the common titanium materials in life.
Generally speaking, titanium and titanium alloy wires refer to titanium products supplied in the form of coils and also in the form of straight wires. In terms of diameter and size, the classification standard of titanium wire and titanium rod is not strict, and different countries have different standards. Our national standard on wire "GB3623-83" only states that the diameter of titanium and titanium alloy wire is not more than 6 mm.
Titanium and titanium alloys can prepare wires with different use requirements according to different properties, which are generally divided into: pure titanium wire, titanium alloy wire, pure titanium glasses wire, titanium straight wire, titanium welding wire, titanium hanging wire, titanium disk wire, titanium bright wire, medical titanium wire, titanium nickel alloy wire, each of which has different uses. For example, pure titanium eyewear wire is mainly used to make eyewear bracket, titanium hanger wire is used to hang weight, and titanium nickel alloy wire is commonly used as memory alloy material.
The finished products of titanium and titanium alloy wires are generally hard (Y) [i] and annealed (M) [ii], and the surface can be divided into acid washed [iii] surface and bright surface.
Titanium wire also perfectly inherits the advantages of titanium and titanium alloy, with a series of excellent characteristics such as good corrosion resistance, high specific strength, nonmagnetism, high biocompatibility, low resistance to ultrasound and good shape memory function.
Therefore, titanium wire is widely used in many fields, such as aerospace, petrochemical, medical and health care, automobile, construction, sports and leisure goods.
Moreover, in recent years, due to its continuous development, its variety has become increasingly diverse, which provides more choices for its application in high-performance industrial products and consumer goods.
3. Main factors affecting the tensile strength of titanium wire
With the development of the national economy, the demand for titanium and titanium alloy wires is increasing. At present, the supply is in short supply and the development potential is very large.
(1) Mechanical properties of metals. It is closely related to the yield strength of the stretched metal. Generally, there is a linear relationship between the yield strength of the stretched metal and the tensile force, that is, as the strength of the stretched metal increases, the tensile force increases.
(2) Deformation degree. The tensile force increases with the increase of deformation degree.
(3) Tensile speed. In the range of actual application of drawing speed, the effect of drawing speed on drawing force is not very obvious. It is only at the moment of starting the equipment that the tensile force increases due to the large acceleration. When the speed is stable, the tensile force does not change with the change of speed.
(4) Length of sizing belt. The friction of metal passing through is affected, and the sizing band increases, and the tensile force also increases.
(5) Mold shape. The taper of the mold and the length of the sizing belt are directly related to the tensile force. The increase of die angle reduces the length of deformation zone, reduces the vertical pressure and friction caused by it, but the increase of die angle also increases the deformation resistance in the horizontal direction. When the die angle is small, the former factor is dominant, so the tensile force decreases with the increase of die angle; When the die angle is large, the latter factor is dominant, so the tensile force increases with the increase of the die angle. Therefore, there is an optimum die angle, and the drawing force is the minimum when the optimum die angle is stretched. The experiment shows that the tensile force has a certain relationship with the arc of the die, but the influence is limited. At the same time, because the manufacturing and inspection of the hole shape of the conical die are relatively easy, the conical die is often used in production.
(6) Lubrication and friction conditions. Lubrication condition and lubricant directly affect the tensile force. Different tool materials and surface roughness also affect the change of friction coefficient, thus causing the change of tensile force.